I’ve already written a blog post (ill put link at bottom of this post) on the importance of rose quartz if you are into crystals or a beginner rose quartz is the way to go. It is definitely my favorite and always my go to when I’m feeling down. This past Mercury retrograde I struggle a lot with loving myself, insecurities, and self worth. I was looking at where I am now in life and weighing that as my worth. Not having graduated yet, the lack of relationships and friendships I have. Not being where I want to be (yet) with m art. And of course comparison. There were a lot of days where I was having panic attacks throwing my insecurities onto my relationships and messing them up and then feeling worse about myself. My anxiety was out of control. I was moody and taking it out on everyone when in truth the real problems I was having were from within.
I cannot stress how important it is to be kind to yourself. To be your own bestfriend. Talk to yourself. I realized quickly that I couldn’t keep covering up my insecurities with alcohol or distracting myself with TV or keeping myself busy so I didn’t have to do the real work within. I’m still doing this work. But I began doing it by:
- writing in my journal (which I have a post about that ill link as well)
- practicing yoga and when I say yoga I don’t mean the exercise. I mean deep breathing, deep stretches, calming feeling. What feels good for you and your body.
- drinking tea (it helps! and its so easy to do)
- eating only good things from nature like veggies and fruits (I’m vegan so this was easy for me)
- going outside (get that vitamin D) taking walks.
- listening to binaural beats
- writing love notes to myself on my mirror with a dry erase marker
I mean the list goes on and on. Really anything that you like doing that isn’t bad for you or for anyone else is an act of selflove. Take a day, an hour, 5 minutes and do something that makes you feel good that is only for you! Take time to get to the bottom of those insecurities and heal them. Open your heart and let the love in.
Thinking about doing a short series on the 7 common chakras and also doing a series of posts on the less common ones. Leave comments below if you’d like for me to do these posts.
And as always love love love.